You have questions, we have answers.

If your question isn’t here, please call 770-635-0334. We want to make sure you get the information you need to make informed decisions during this challenging time.

What should I do if I am injured in a wreck?

As soon as you can, seek medical care. Report the matter as soon as possible to law enforcement and your auto insurance carrier. If you were injured at work, you should also, as soon as reasonably practical, report the injury to your employer.

Do I need a lawyer if I have suffered a personal injury?

Many people wonder if they can settle their case on their own with the opposing party’s insurance company. This can be an unwise course of action for several reasons. First, the insurance company representative is well aware that you may not know all of the laws that govern what you would be able to recover, and they will use what you do not know against you. Second, an attorney is much better equipped to fully explain to the insurance company the medical implications of your injury. Finally, an attorney can also evaluate your case and determine what the long-term effects of your injury might be, and we have the resources to bring in medical and other experts if necessary to prove your case. Yes, you can resolve an injury case without an attorney, but to ensure you get treated fairly, and maximize your recovery, you need an attorney on your side.

How long do I have to file a claim?

Per Georgia state law, you have up to two years from the date of a personal injury or wrongful death to either resolve your claim, or to file a lawsuit to preserve your claim.

What damages can I recover with a personal injury claim?

In most personal injury claims, you can recover for all of the physical, psychological, and emotional damages you have suffered, as well as lost wages, medical and/or funeral expenses, and any property damage. In wrongful death cases, you can also recover for the loss of companionship and financial support that your loved one provided.

How much will a personal injury attorney cost?

Our firm is paid on a contingent fee, meaning that our fee is a portion of what we collect for you. If we do not obtain any recovery for you, you do not pay any attorney fees.

Why did the doctor not bill my health insurance for a bill related to my wreck?

Unfortunately, some medical providers think they can get more money out of you by not billing your health insurance carrier. Usually, this is a breach of their contract with your health insurance company and deprives you of the health insurance benefits you pay for. These dishonest and greedy business practices are wrong and victimize you a second time. Just as we will fight for your rights against those who’ve harmed you, we will also make sure that unscrupulous providers don’t take advantage of you.

How can I get medical treatment for injuries without health insurance?

Access to healthcare is a challenge for many people who find themselves injured through no fault of their own. Thankfully, there are medical providers who understand, and work with us so that you can get the treatment you need. From chiropractors, to x-rays and MRIs, to orthopedic or neurological care, or even surgeries, we can ensure you get proper medical attention.

I received a collections notice for a bill that I thought was paid by my health insurance. What can I do?

All too often, clients get bills that they can’t afford, and the collectors don’t care about what happened to you, or that the at-fault party and their insurance company is dragging your case out. If you owe money for treatment you received, there are ways to get some relief. Sometimes you can negotiate a lower payment, or if you make even small, partial payments toward your balance owed, the provider won’t send your bill to collection agencies. If you encounter this situation, as with any other circumstance related to your case, we are here to assist you.

How do I get copies of my medical records?

You are entitled to copies of your medical records under federal and state law. You can get copies for all of your medical treatment from your providers at any time. Every provider’s office is set up differently, so if you want a set of your records, just ask. Additionally, you can sign a HIPAA release which will allow your attorney’s office to get copies of your records for you.

An insurance adjuster sent me paperwork to sign, and said they will pay me as I treat. Should I sign?

You should never sign any document sent by an insurance company. They prey on your good intentions and trust, to take advantage of you. You should always have any document reviewed by an attorney so you understand what you are being asked to sign.

start your recovery

Call our team today for a free consultation.

We want to connect with you and help you during this challenging time. If it’s more convenient to communicate via email, please reach out to us at info@watsoninjurylaw.com.